Why choose DIY Shutters?
DIY shutters are an excellent choice for those who want a stylish and contemporary window covering but at a more affordable price. With our DIY Shutters you benefit from the same premium quality product that we use for our supply and fit service, but as you will be measuring & installing the shutters yourself they come at a lower price. Every shutter we supply is still custom made to your exact size and design specification. With our How to Measure Guide, the DIY is made easy for you. And you can also book a video survey with one of our expert surveyors
You can design your shutters online, get an instant quote, save your cart or place your order with an easy three-step procedure. Any online order will be revised with you before it becomes final, so there's no risk for you.
If you need further information on our beautiful range of plantation shutters, you can simply download a brochure. You will learn how to measure your windows and selecting the right products. It will be easier to choose the right product for your home.
Before ordering online:
- Measure your windows using our measuring guide below. This is a key stage of the process as this determines the exact measurements of your bespoke window shutters. Taking the correct measurements is the first step towards a perfectly fitted window covering. You can also book a video survey with one of our surveyors, who will help you taking the correct measures.
- Choose the appropriate styles and material to suit your requirements. We supply shutters in cafe style, tier on tier or full height style. If you have unusually shaped window (such as bay window or arched window) you cannot order them online. Request a survey instead and one of our surveyor will come to you.
- Use the quick calculator to obtain an instant quote.This is the quickest way to compare the prices of our different ranges. And we have the best prices in the UK for plantation shutters!
- Complete your order on our online shutter store. We will then contact you to confirm your order and let you know when you can expect to receive your shutters. Please see further details below on delivery times.
Measuring your windows
We’ve detailed all you need to know about measuring your windows in a step by step guide below. Simply download the guide and do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help.
All our plantation shutters are hand crafted to your exact measurements so it’s crucial that these measurements are accurate before you make your order. The success of the installation depends on this!
Choosing the right shutters for you
Once you have all your measurements to hand, you may want to spend some time looking at all options and styles. The most common styles are full height, cafe style and tier on tier shutters because they are the most versatile and can be used on most window types.
You will also need to check our guide to the various plantation shutter mounting options, if you want to get a complete idea of the elements you will need to specify in your order. You can also order a free sample to have a more precise idea of the final colour, for instance. Having a sample will make the colour choice for you DIY plantation shutters much easier.
Ordering your shutters
There are two stages in the online order process:
- Using our Design & Buy Online tool, you can create the configuration of your choice, select the various options available (style, material, number of panels, colour, frame type, etc.) and get a more precise estimate of the cost of your new shutters. If you are happy with the quote, you can add your selection to the cart and complete the order online. Please note that at this stage the order is not confirmed, until we check all the details with you.
- After receiving your order, we will contact you to go through the order details, and make sure you are 100% happy with your selection. After this consultation, we will send you an order confirmation, that will contain all the details of your order, and we will ask you to confirm this to us. Only then the order will be processed.
- Your order will take an average of 7 to 9 weeks to be completed and delivered. We will contact you as soon as they your shutters arrive and are ready to be delivered to your door. Please note, there is a fixed shipping and delivery fee, which will be charged at the time of the order.
Remember that all our products are hand-crafted so once you have confirmed your order, this is final. This is the reason why the order will be double checked with you, before is sent to production.
Installing your new shutters
Our shutters are easy install and you don't need to be a DIY expert to achieve the desired result. Also, we’ve created an installation guide to help you manage each stage of the shutter installation process. Click on the button below to download the installation guide.
Not a DIY enthusiast?
We also offer a full measure and install service, if DIY is not for you. Having your new shutters fitted by our expert technicians will give you total peace of mind.
Our customer service will help you at every step of the purchase process, from the measurement and the selection of your new shutters, to the installation. Feel free to contact us or call our office (tel.0207 751 0937) to request a survey, so we can set-up a convenient time to come and measure your windows.Call us
DIY does not mean making your own shutters
Many people think that DIY means making your own shutters, but this could be a rather challenging task. Not only would you require a specific craftmanship, but also availability of the right manufacturing equipment. Our DIY option give you the opportunity to save on installation costs without compromising on product quality. Take a look at our quick quote calculator to get an instant estimate of the costs of your shutters ad compare the costs of the materials available.