Why choosing DIY Shutters?
DIY shutters are an excellent choice for those who want a stylish and contemporary window covering that can be easily installed in your spare time, saving money too. DIY instead of a full measure & fit service means great savings on costs without compromising on product quality. You benefit from the same premium quality products that we install for our supply and fit service clients, but at a more affordable price!
You can design your shutters online, get an instant quote, save your cart or place your order with an easy three-step procedure. Any online order will be revised with you before it becomes final, so there's no risk for you.
If you need further information on our beautiful range of DIY shutters, you can simply download a brochure. You will find useful information on measuring your windows and selecting the right products. It will be easier to choose the right shutters for your home.
DIY shutters does not mean making your own shutters
Making your own shutters could be a rather challenging task. Not only would you require a specific craftmanship, but also availability of the right manufacturing equipment. If you are interested in DIY shutters, you probably want to save on some of the costs, like the labour required for the installation. With the DIY solution that we offer, you will be able take your own window measurements, choose your shutters online and order your shutters according to your specific requirements. Take a look at our quick quote calculator to get an instant estimate of the costs of your DIY shutters.
What type of service do I get with DIY shutters?
After you have placed your order online, we will contact you to make sure that every detail of your order is correct. If you have any doubt about shutter materials, dimensions and mounting options, we will discuss these with you, to clear any doubt. No DIY shutter order will be processed before making sure that everything is correct.
Ordering your DIY Plantation Shutters
We offer a design and buy online service for those wanting to measure and install plantation shutters themselves. This is an ideal solution for DIY specialists or for those who want to use their preferred fitters. If you are not living in London or in one of the areas that we serve directly, the DIY option is the only solution available.
Our DIY plantation shutters come in a wide range of materials including MDF, ABS, basswood, aluminium for further security, and high quality sustainable wood. If you want further information on our range of wooden shutters, you can read the product specifications of the Cuba, Fiji and Sumatra ranges. If you are interested in waterproof shutters for kitchens or bathrooms, your best choice would be the Java range. If you are looking for a more affordable option, MDF shutters are a great solution, and one of our best selling ranges. If you are interested in more affordable shutters then take a look at our Antigua range or the Bermuda range if you want more colour options.
If you want to see the materials and the colour options, you can also order free samples.
Before ordering your shutters online:
- Measure your windows using our measuring guide below. This is a key stage of the process as this determines the exact measurements of your bespoke window shutters. Taking the correct measurements is the first step towards a perfectly fitted window covering.
- Choose the appropriate styles and material to suit your requirements. We supply DIY shutters in cafe style, tier on tier or full height style. If you have unusually shaped window (such as bay window or arched window) you cannot order them online. Request a survey instead and one of our surveyor will come to you.
- Use the quick calculator to obtain an instant quote.This is the quickest way to compare the prices of our different ranges. And we have the best prices in the UK for DIY shutters!
- Complete your order online. We will then contact you to confirm your order and let you know when you can expect to receive your shutters. Please see further details below on delivery times.
Measuring your windows
We’ve detailed all you need to know about measuring your windows in a step by step guide below. Simply download the guide and do not hesitate to contact us if you need any help.
All our plantation shutters are hand crafted to your exact measurements so it’s crucial that these measurements are accurate before you make your order. The success of the DIY installation depends on this!
Choosing the right shutters for you
Once you have all your measurements to hand, you may want to spend time reviewing our shutter gallery and get inspirations from our shutter designers. You can also explore our window shutter and styles, in a great range of colours and stain finishes. Choosing the best plantation shutters for your home will be a real pleasure! The most common styles are full height, cafe style and tier on tier shutters because they are the most versatile and can be used on most window types. You will also need to check our guide to the various plantation shutter mounting options, if you want to get a complete idea of the elements you will need to specify in your order
Ordering your shutters
There are two stages to ordering your online shutters.
- Using our Design & Buy Online tool, you can create the configuration of your choice, select the various options available (style, material, number of panels, colour, frame type, etc.) and get a more precise estimate of the cost of your new shutters. If you are happy with the quote, you can add your selection to the cart and complete the order online
- After receiving your order, we will contact you to go through the order details, and make sure you are 100% happy with your selection. After this consultation, we will send you an order confirmation, that will contain all the details of your order, and we will ask you to confirm this to us. Your DIY plantation shutters will take an average of 7 to 9 weeks to be made and we will contact you as soon as they arrive and are ready to be delivered to your door. Please note, there is a fixed shipping and delivery fee of £50.00.
Remember that all our shutters are hand-crafted so once you have confirmed your order this is final. However, before sending your shutters to the manufacturing stage, we will contact you to make sure that any detail of your order is correct.
Installing your new shutters
We’ve created a DIY installation guide to help you manage each stage of the installation process to ensure you can start enjoying your new shutters as quickly as possible! Click on the button below to download the installation guide.
The Shutter Shop’s competitive prices are discounted from our normal rates as the onus is on you. The shutters are made to your measurements and requested configuration. The DIY shutters will still have the same quality guarantee as our supply and fit service, but buying online and self installation will mean a lower cost.
Not a DIY enthusiast?
We also offer a full measure and install service, if DIY is not for you. Our customer service will help you at every step of the purchase process, from the measurement and the selection of your new shutters, to the installation. Feel free to contact us or call our office (tel.0207 751 0937) to request a survey, so we can set-up a convenient time to come and measure your windows.Call us